Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need front suspension recommendations in a pinch...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need front suspension recommendations in a pinch...

I have a 1987 2WD S10 with a V8 swap. I'm in the process of building it for stage rally with my codriver. We have about 8 weeks to finish it for the first event, and I don't think we'll have time to fab up the front suspension setup we want.

Is there anything out there that I can bolt onto the stock locations (or with very minimal fab work) that would maintain stockish ride height but be a significant improvement over stock? I'm not looking for lift at all. I'm more concerned with improved valving and preventing overheating. A bump in spring rate would probably help too, considering the extra weight of the V8 (it was a 4cyl chassis).

I know this is one of those "just do a search" kind of questions, but I'm in a pinch and wanted to put this out there while I'm searching, just in case anyone had some experience or expertise with running the bolt on options through harsh conditions. It will likely only have to last the one event, so it won't be a long term solution.

I can fab you up a High Dezert Fab mid travel kit..

Comment

Mmm so much to be said. Simplest and quickest would be throw a pair of bypasses in off the upper arm right next to the ball joint and build a shock hoop. Don't worry about changing springs. As long as they hold the truck at a height you want it to be then leave them alone. Minimal work with good results. This setup is used often in class ... I think 2000 or 7s desert trucks. Would work in a pinch

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

K.I.S.S.

Comment

If you have Instagram go take a look at some of the older footage from this guy's page. A single bypass would be enough. But after that I would suggest a c4 Midtravel kit if you can get a hold of them or hit up highdezertfab. Anything else that ever kinda worked isnt really being made anymore and you will have to find it used. I.e. fabtech or CST kits

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

K.I.S.S.

Comment

Working...
        X