1996 S10 2.2L wont start..HELP!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 S10 2.2L wont start..HELP!!!!!

Now that DD looks like it is getting a Pulse again, let’s see if it is the DD of Old..
    It is a Dime that my work buddy owns.. Freddy you know him, His name is Dave, we stayed at you house a couple years ago before we flew out on a Teach. It is the Gold S10.
    It is a 1996 S10 2.2L 5 speed
    Here is what the problem is, it won’t start by turning the key..Basically.. Even by pressing in the clutch to engage the “Neutral/Clutch Safety Switch”, don’t know if that is the problem, but you guys help me by reading on..
    What has been done;
    • Replaced all the fuses
    • Replaced all the relays
    • Replaced the Ignition Switch at the Steering Console
    • The starter was checked out by AutoZone (I know, I know) and it started the machine… and checked out electrically
    How it sits now;
    • Has a wire running from the starter and jumps it to the battery to start it.
    • Now with that being said, I don’t believe it is the Solenoid, because it turns over no problem when he “jumps” it use the wire he has hooked from the starter to the battery
    • Even when he depresses the Clutch it won’t start…Which usually kind of leads me to the Neutral/Clutch safety switch??????
    • I thought it could be the Neutral/Clutch safety switch, but his does not appear to be like mine in the HG (1995 GMC 2.2L 5 speed). There is no big button under there that the Clutch depresses when pushed to close the circuit. But there is a connector that plugs into his Clutch plunging rod..Don’t know where the other end connects to.. We are at work and can’t get too dirty
    • Also we have ruled out the Alternator…Brand new and checked out
    So let me know if you need more info. So any help DD?????

When it doesn't work using the ignition does it click at all or just nothing?
    K.I.S.S.

Comment

There is a switch under there try to jump the switch unplug it and jump it see if that does anything
      sweet ass sweet

Comment

If it starts when you jump it to the battery I would replace the dead mans switch (clutch safety switch)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks ya'll for the info..Also thanks Dan for the detailed text. I passed this info off to Dave (him) and he is going to try all that was suggested this wweekend, I am off the next 4 days and he said he would reach out to me and you guys if the problem persists. I was leaning towards that switch also but it is extremely different then mine which is only a year newer, on his it just plugs into the plunger rod, unlike mine which is a apparent switch..Again tango Mike brutha's..

Comment

FIXED..It was wiring from the ignition to the starter...

Comment

Rad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Right onđź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť
                K.I.S.S.

Comment

Working...
                X