FOA race jack review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOA race jack review

So i recieved my FOA Race Jack a couple weeks ago. I have had nothing less than an excellent experience With FOA products and customer service overall. So i installed the FOA Race Jack on my GMC Jimmy. The installation was simple, with minor fabrication it took me about 1 hour to install the supplied jack points on all 4 corners, and the jack itself to my existing rear tube bumper. The Jack removes easily from its mounting point quickly, and slips right into any given Jack point within seconds. Once i put the impact gun to the Jack, at any corner It will lift my 4,400lb Jimmy with no hesitation. And then set it right back down in a matter of seconds. with a large enough foot print to pick up my 4,400lb truck and be stable and reliable.The FOA Race Jack is definitely fast and easily accessible. I must say it is very cool, and worth the investment if you are looking for a great jack for Racing or trail running. And any time i get to work with such a great company as FOA ,who provides products and customer service that make you feel like money well spent is always a pleasure.

Again Thanks FOA for bringing good products and top notch service back to the consumer market !!!
    Jeffro "The Metul Munky' Agnew
    "i am a drug dealer, i deal in dezert..... i got some high dezert, got some low dezert, i got rocky road, i got sand swept. whatchu want sucka......."

Re: FOA race jack review

Just curious but............. um.......... say your at the grocery store picking up say........... groceries and some fricken knucklehead really likes your setup(spare wheels and jack lets say), can he have them items in seconds flat?...........just thinking about the security-anti theft system you built into it?

Kinda why I like steel over straps when it comes to security, Jeff fri... at least on a daily driver
    HIGH DEZERT LOCAL-PINON HILLS, CALI. 760-701-0335**** Jeff Wall- Wally

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffs91S10
      Just curious but............. um.......... say your at the grocery store picking up say........... groceries and some fricken knucklehead really likes your setup(spare wheels and jack lets say), can he have them items in seconds flat?...........just thinking about the security-anti theft system you built into it?

Kinda why I like steel over straps when it comes to security, Jeff fri... at least on a daily driver

can you please provide pics of more secure tire carriers that you have built. i am having trouble picturing what your talking about.
      "i am a drug dealer, i deal in dezert..... i got some high dezert, got some low dezert, i got rocky road, i got sand swept. whatchu want sucka......."

Comment

Throw a bike lock through the center of the wheels, problem solved. Thats what I did with mine after one of my spares came up missing.
        A whole lot of metul and a whole lot more to go. Fastest way to a million dollars in desert racing is to start with 2 million.
        "you could'nt get pussy in that truck if you filled it full of shoes and parked it in a pile of money!"

Comment

The cable n lock thing will work on the tires but your jack can get jacked too. I have only built one tire carrier(pics somewhere on foodaddy's build) and it was a bolt down Y thingie. I believe he locked it down, he has 33in custom wheels.

I replied to this Jeff fri because I wanted to say something to you about thiefs. If they can walk off with it, they will. I dont leave my hitches on my trucks at any parking lot....ever, and they prolly dont cost near as much as your investment.

I also used to carry a stick welder in the back of my old S10 and it was held in by a pad lock.

Havent seen the purfect bolt down tire carrier tho and my runner wont carry one full time at the dunes. It will only carry one and it will be a Y thingie as well.

I will say this, I would like to get some Shocker gloves and the tire jack from FOA tho, very good reviews and I know your hard on equipment as I am too.
          HIGH DEZERT LOCAL-PINON HILLS, CALI. 760-701-0335**** Jeff Wall- Wally

Comment

Heres a quick and safe way to lock your spare tires in and have quick access to removing them from your truck, use the kinda mount that uses the (I believe) 1" bolt and nut with the rubber do-dad that sits in the hub of the wheel, this is the type of mount you usually see with the handle bar type twist off. Get the right size bolt that will go all the way through the nut (mount) with an extra inch or 2, drill a hole at the end through the 1" bolt and put on a pad lock. This way someone can start to twist off your spare tire but can only loosen it up till the pad lock bottoms out on the back side of the nut. This way you dont need any extra tools to remove your spare, just a key. I have this setup on my truck but instead of a lock you have to use like a 1 7/8" socket to get mine off, not too many people carry that around with them.
            I have a white S10 with black tires, as seen in DP8 and OFF-ROAD,

Comment

Jon,
              I hear ya brutha. I have built 3 of those and that is the way I did it. The one I bought from Fabtech years ago came like that and that is where I got the idea.... The sad truth is, if the thief wants it bad enough, he will get it no matter how you secure it. My dad use to say, locks are for "honest thieves, not real thieves"....

Comment

Working...
              X